John Douglas McQuarrie, Sales Tax Specialist – Founder – Biography
President, JOHN DOUGLAS Business Solutions Inc.
Married with two children, active in sports, health and fitness.
PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
John McQuarrie’s private sector work includes over 25 years of experience which began as an auditor (BDO) followed by years of service at companies involved in retail operations, franchising, distribution, manufacturing, marketing, and real estate, both in Canada and internationally.
John McQuarrie has presented tax papers on various topics to:
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- The Certified General Accountants of Ontario
And John McQuarrie has met with and discussed technical topics with
- The Minister of Finance for Ontario
- Three Ministers of Finance for British Columbia
- The Canadian International Trade Tribunal
- Canada Revenue Agency Appeals
- John McQuarrie has submitted written reports to Ontario and British Columbia on issues related to harmonization.
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- The Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto
- Completed the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-depth GST Course – Parts I and II
- Completed the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-Depth Income Tax Course Parts I and II
- Frequent attendant at various tax symposiums and conferences related to the aforementioned professional affiliations